I can’t exactly remember where I got this recipe from, but this has been one of our (and our friends’) favorites since I started making this soup. Quick and easy to make, it is positively delicious especially if you like spicy food!
Mexican Chicken Lime Soup
- skinless, boneless chicken breast (boiled and shredded)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- onion, chopped
- garlic, minced
- vegetables – 1 can sweet corn, 1 cup celery, 1 cup shredded carrots
- chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped (1 can usually has 7-8pcs chiles, I normally use 3 or 4 pcs – it all depends on how spicy you want the soup to be), 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 5 cups chicken broth
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper
· cilantro, chopped
· 1 hass avocado, slices
· tortilla chips
1. Heat oil. Stir in shredded chicken, onion and garlic. Add vegetables and the chipotle chiles. Add chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes then add cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
2. Place 2 avocado slices in a soup bowl and pour in the soup. Top with tortilla chips.