Tashi requested for something vegetarian again for his dinner so I made him these delicious grilled vegetables and hummus flatbread wraps. Versatile and easy to make, I hope you like them as much as Tashi did.
- 1/2 cup power greens (baby chard, kale and spinach)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red/green bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 cup hummus (I used cucumber/dill hummus for this recipe)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- choice of herbs – rosemary/basil/parsley
- Heat skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Brush onion, bell pepper, and zucchini with olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet/grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine power greens in a bowl, remaining olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place the flatbread on grill for approximately one minute, or until pliable.
- Spread hummus over flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Top with avocado, grilled vegetables and power greens. Sprinkle with cheese. Roll up wraps, and cut diagonally in half.
Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.
– Harriet van Horne