Tonight’s recipe is totally meatless – Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa (Sautéed Bok Choy and Tofu). Ginisang pechay is one of my favorite dishes. It’s delicious, easy to prepare and packed with phyto-nutrients, vitamins, minerals andanti-oxidants.
Ginisang Pechay at Tokwa
- 1 lb tofu
- 2-3 cups chopped pechay (bok choy)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- cooking oil (for deep frying and sautéing)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Deep fry tofu until golden brown. Cut into cubes. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and onion. Add fried tofu. Add chopped pechay (bok choy).
3. Add water/broth. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
4. Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!
Additional info: For this recipe, instead of using broth I used water and just added 1 tsp of Superior Touch Better than Buillion Food Base.