I made these very easy to fix baked zucchini boats for Tashi’s lunch today and he said he liked it so I know he would be asking me to fix this again for his dinner.
I hope you like these as much as Tashi did!
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and cut in halves
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the center flesh. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside. Keep oven on.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir the mushrooms and red bell pepper until tender and the mushrooms release their juice. Add in the chopped zucchini flesh and oregano.
- Stuff the filling into the hollowed-out zucchini; sprinkle each with shredded cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.”